A 4-day (half day, 2 full days, half day) training program presenting the fundamentals of shooting fast and accurate and the dynamics of personal defense.
From the live-fire side, you will be introduced to and run drills on, the core components of how to develop combat speed, accuracy and control of the firearm.
On the hand-to-hand side, you will be introduced to and run drills on gaining control of the fight based on distance, position and movement, with a handgun from concealed carry, to include rapid access and deployment under duress.
Maximum number attendees limited to twenty four (24).
Purpose: Learn the fundamental dynamics of personal defense needed to make combat-effective round placement in the shortest amount of time, with the least amount of movement at close quarters.
- United States citizen, legally able to posses / own a firearm in accordance with BATF-E form 4473.
- Informed about laws and regulations regarding firearm ownership, use and transportation in the location of the HTG class and any states / counties / cities, etc. you may travel through to attend an HTG class.
- Must be knowledgable about range safety and firearm safety and demonstrate safe practices at all times during an HTG class. Any client deemed unsafe shall be asked to leave class immediately, and no refund shall be given.
- Must be able to pass the Level I Qualification with your pistol to register for this class. All clients shoot the Level I Qual upon arrival and if they do not pass, they will not be allowed to participate in class and no refund shall be issued. Download the Level I Qualification Course HERE!
- Pistol – 9mm or larger – NO subcompact models
- 2-3 magazines minimum (must have 24 rounds on body at any given time)
- Belt, holster, and 1 double magazine pouch minimum.
- Range Kit (eye protection, ELECTRONIC ear protection, if outdoor range – ball cap & sun screen)
- Blue/ Red inert training hand-gun and matching holster.
- Factory Ammunition round count: 800
CLASS DATES / LOCATIONS
February 5 through 8, 2018 – Mesa, Arizona – Rio Salado Sportsman’s Club
- Registration Fee – $695
Full payment is required at time of registration. Note cancellation policies in FAQs.
- Check-in and orientation begins at 4:30 p.m. on February 5, 2018.
- Class ends at noon on February 8, 2018.
- Register HERE via Practiscore (PS) – Please READ all information once on PS website. You must create a Practiscore account (1 – Sign up with E-Mail or 2 – Login with Facebook)
Is HTG Intensive a competition shooting class?
HTG is NOT a competition handgun course, but the live-fire portion is taught by a world-champion competition [primarily] shooter. However, any real-world operator will tell you that the fundamentals of shooting fast and accurate are what make you effective, and we’ve got that covered.
What is the HTG cancellation policy?
If you must cancel more than 30 days from the HTG class date, notify us promptly to receive a 100% payment credit to be applied to a future HTG class. Cancelation notifications that occur less than 30 days before the HTG class date shall receive a 50% payment credit that may be applied to a future HTG class. All credits expire one year from issue.